Saturday, April 30, 2011

Green Checkmarks

Remember the good ol' days when you only needed one green checkmark on speechranks.com to qualify for Nationals?

Check out that DI from last year. I only did it at one tournament before NITOC and I qualified. How sick is that? Well, I'm sorry you had to find out this way, but the dog days are over. It's two checkmarks or nothing.
But wait, you say. What if you only did impromptu at two tournaments because you did Novice at one and never got off the waitlist for another and the first one shouldn't count because you were sick and couldn't think straight? No slack, that's what. No, siree. And no NITOC invite either. :(
Oh, well. Here's how I see it: You are not supposed to qualify for Nationals. If you do somehow manage to beat the odds, slay the dragon, and walk home the victor with two shiny green checkmarks, hats off to you, my friend. If not, you're really no worse off if you think about it. Bummed, yes, but not defeated. For all you knights in shining armor, you know how great it feels to have TWO OR MORE green checkmarks all to yourself.

You're homeschooled, and you heart green checkmarks. <3

4 comments:

  1. And if you had one checkmark, and broke at a tournament but still didn't get a checkmark, or were sick and couldn't go to some, no slack, that's what. No siree! :DDDDD

    Chandler, you're amazing. :) I <3 it! (and I <3 green checkmarks too). ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to know how you photoshopped the last photo to make it say X100... :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Photoshop? Please.

    Ok, not really. That image is actually like seven layers. I found a ten somewhere on my profile on speechranks and copied and pasted it next to the check and then copied and pasted the zero to get 100. (I didn't want to take the time to figure out what font it is.) You'll notice also that I stole the first in nation, first in CA thing from Steven Bailey. And I stole all of Hannah's points. And I moved the whole HI section up to condense the image. :D

    ReplyDelete