Thursday, June 16, 2011

Praying Before A Round

Apparently I tend to get a nervous look when I wait outside my room at a tournament. I think this because on several occasions my friends have stopped me in the narrow hallway and asked to pray for me, to which I respond, "Awwwwwwww.... ok."

I remember the first time someone prayed for me outside a round. It was actually my first round at my first tournament ever, and I was more than a bit nervous. I knew my speech well, so I wasn't worried about that, but rather that I'd just do something else wrong. I could forget to thank the judges for judging or accidentally thank them for timing or something horrendous. Remember, I was brand new to this. So my nerves probably showed. One of my first speech and debate companions waited outside my room with me and then offered to pray for me. That was awesome. She is awesome.

Since then, I have been able to pray with and for many of my speechanddebater friends. Which is amazing. No one tells us to pray for each other, we just do. I love that. We could all use it, too.

You're homeschooled, and I love it when we pray for each other before a round.

2 comments:

  1. I love that, too! Thank you for praying with me outside of a round, too. =) You know what I'm talking about. That meant a lot to me.

    Who was the girl who prayed with you? How sweet. It's awesome when someone does that for you.

    Don't feel bad--I didn't shake the judges' hands after my first round. Megan had to remind me (Thank you, Megan!!), and so I went back down and thanked them. XD =/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome. <3
    Jenn. <3
    Good for her. <3

    ReplyDelete