Sunday, October 16, 2011

Tournament Memorabilia

Today I pulled a rather large bag out of my closet that I don't use a lot because it's rather large. In fact, I don't think I've used it since NITOC. I usually bring it to tournaments because I can fit lots of fun stuff in there. Consequently, I find lots of fun stuff in there. Just this morning I found that little book they gave us at NITOC. You know, it has a map and a schedule and the ever-changing IE patterns, ect. I like finding that kind of thing, because it's like, oh, hey, I got this at that one tournament. Cool.

You know what else I find? Impromptu topics. Some kids keep their topics after every speech, stick them in their pockets, and forget about them. Yea, I am one of those kids. Although one time I tried to keep a paper and and a judge wouldn't let me. I don't know why. Anyway, a few days after the tournament, I'll find the papers in my giant bag, so I take them out. I have a few topics from my favorite speeches on a bulletin board in my room.

Tournament memorabilia bring back good memories. And it's more than just papers they give you. I mean, you get nametags, ballots, giant yellow envelopes, certificates saying that you participated, medals, and of course, TROPHIES!! I mean, you can get a lifetime's worth of stuff which the rest of the world thinks is useless junk at just one tournament! And then at the next one, you get more!

Seriously though. Tournament "junk" serves as a great reminder of the wonderful things you're doing and learning in speech and debate. Take that, rest of the world.

You're homeschooled, and you like stuff. Obviously.

1 comment:

  1. Tournament memorabilia makes me so sentimental.

    *sniff*

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete