Friday, November 11, 2011

When Your Favorite People Do Really Well At Tournaments

This happened to me at Nationals. Not that I won any events or anything, but lots of cool people did. I love this. There were a few speeches that I had had my eye on throughout the year that didn't win any tournaments here, and then BAM. They win Nationals. I was so proud and somehow felt like I had taken part in their victory simply by rooting for them. It kinda felt like I was part of their team. It was pretty exciting.

We all have those people we like, whether they're our friends who rock at debate or just someone who has a really good speech. We love to see them get trophies and stuff. Their victory is our victory. We were right there next to them, even if they don't know it.

Throughout any tournament, your favorite people may break and generally do well. By all means, give 'em a thumbs up, high five, awkward hug, or a simple "Good job." They would probably appreciate that. And they deserve it, because, they're your favorite.


You're homeschooled. I'm rooting for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment