Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Next Year



This picture from speechranks makes me very, very excited. If you've been stalking the website lately, you'll notice that the homepage has changed. It may seem that it has nothing to report. It may seem to be saying:
"Nothing to see here. Go away. Or change the season from the drop-down thing and carry on with your stalking."
That... that sort of is what it's saying, yes, BUT it's also saying a whole lot more.
At first, seeing this made me excited. I'm excited because the 2011-2012 season is coming, and before I know it, there will be numbers and events and hopefully checkmarks and other such information under my name. I'm excited because soon I'll be starting another year in speech and a brandnew adventure in debate. I'm excited to see what competition and speechranks and life holds for me.

Also, I'm nervous. I'm nervous because, like the rest of the speech and debate world, I'm sooo not ready for the season to start. Sure, I've been preparing for next year. Sure, I've been trying somewhat successfully to find speeches.  Sure, I've been to a couple camps. Sure, I spent several hours today on Google and at the library judging books by their covers to see if they would make good HIs. BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN I WANT NEXT YEAR TO START ALREADY. Fortunately, I still have several more months and, of course, a lot more work to do.

But you know what I just remembered?
No one else is ready either.
And that makes me feel a lot better.
Because as far as next year goes, I have several ridiculous goals for myself that I hope to meet, and it's going to be fun.

You're homeschooled. See you next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment