Tuesday, April 3, 2012

People Who Yell Things At Awards Ceremonies

As you know, everyone is usually really tired by the time the awards ceremony rolls around. However, that doesn't mean we don't get excited about how our friends do and big trophies and sideshow pictures with people we know in them and stuff. Nope, we're probably even more hyper due to the loss of sleep and therefore lack of sanity. The most excited people tend to be really vocal about it. 
You know what I mean, right? I mean that guy who screams out, "That's my sister!" every time she does well, the girl who yells, "That's my brother!" whenever he goes on the stage, and the debater/interper who alerts everyone that "That's my partner!" which is not a good idea if you're on the stage with them. They would be mad if you yelled in their ear. Everyone knows anyway. Otherwise, go ahead. I can only think of one time someone has yelled something for me, and it's kind of an interesting story. See, as I was getting my award for HI, my friend (I'm not positive, but I think I know who it was) shouted out, "Chandler is estupido!" which sounds really mean, but if you have seen my HI, you'll get it. If you haven't seen it, perhaps because you live in another state or Canada or got here by accident after looking up VeggieTales on the Internet, in my humorous speech, I have a character who is told she is "estupido," but she thinks that means stupendous, so really my friend probably meant it in a nice way. There, I just gave away the best joke in a way that was likely 10x less funny. Sorry. You should watch the speech anyway; the 2nd best joke is probably good too.
Sometimes it's not even something specific that we shout. Sometimes it's just a simple "AAAAAAAUUUUUUGGGGGGGGHHHHHH" whenever the announcer guy thanks your mom or your coach or gives your favorite timer a pen or something. (Yes, I do have a favorite timer. I believe he knows who he is.) And that's good too. You probably meant something good when you were screaming whatever it was in the ears of some annoyed parent in the row ahead. So we forgive you. 
The key to screaming out at awards ceremonies is simple: don't over do it. I realize if your brother gets 90th in impromptu at a competition with over 200 people, that's cool, 'cause he gets a checkmark. But seriously, if you scream, 80 other people who don't need to be yelling are going to be yelling too. On the other hand, if your sister wins an event, please scream your head off. Seriously. That would be great. I did didn't scream when my sister won an event though. I cried. <3
Anyway, if you really want to scream something at the next tournament I'm at, feel free to yell "Happy Birthday SCHSADKL!" if I'm on stage because SURPRISE. It's our birthday!! I feel like all the sentimentalness came out here, so if you missed it, go read that post I linked to. Also, here's a link to the first post. It's really short. Silly author. 
YOU'RE HOMESCHOOLED. WOO-HOOO!

3 comments:

  1. Megan and I had so much fun doing that at ICC. It was really sweet, because she yelled "I LOVE YOU HANNAH" when I went up on stage for OI. The I got to gel "THAT'S MY SISTAH" when she went up on stage for TP sweeps . . . and then I got a bunch of really weird looks because she's not actually my sister, she's only my sister in Christ and apparently that's not enough to merit yelling that she's my sister but you know what? get over it, people. I was happy for her.

    =D I also had so much fun yelling that James was my quo partner when he won HI at Desert Gem. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I'm so excited that SCHSADKL is having an anniversary. That sounds so professional. Congratulations. I'm with you the whole way, always have been, and always will. You rock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I thought about yelling, THAT'S MY DEBATE PARTNER!! but I was kind of right off to the side. So I just jumped up and down and smiled big and laughed at his face. In a nice way.

    ReplyDelete